So begins our story...
Incorporated on July 12, 1927, in Caracas, under the name INTERNATIONAL GENERAL ELECTRIC de VENEZUELA S.A. The company had a payroll of seven (7) employees as Authorized Distributors in Venezuela of General Electric products and CATERPILLAR heavy machinery. Mainly dedicated to electrical materials distribution, as time went by, our products became an active part in everything related to construction, agriculture, livestock and the oil activity throughout the country.
Along to industrial growth and economic activities development, General Electric de Venezuela S.A. (GEVENSA) started to participate more and more in the Nation's progress: 1935, the first branch was opened in Maracaibo, followed by Puerto La Cruz in 1950, Barquisimeto in 1956, Puerto Ordaz and Valencia in 1963 and, later, offices in locations such as Santa Bárbara, San Cristobal, Acarigua, El Tigre and an operational facility at the Guri Hydroelectric Complex.
By 1998 the Company operated eight branches, a sales point and three operational projects on the Venezuelan territory.
2015 brought an unprecedented proposal that led to the creation of the VENEQUIP CO MANAGEMENT CONSORTIUM. Following 16 years of working in partnership with cooperative companies, made up by professionals and high-level technicians, this project was launched, providing support to our clients today: A business grouping formed by ALIANZA ESTRATÉGICA SOLIDARIA (ALESO) and MAQUINARIAS ORTEMAQ, C.A.
Autonomous cooperative enterprises, which make life in our organisation, got together to form an Integration Body, the ALIANZA ESTRATÉGICA SOLIDARIA (ALESO), thus being able, as a single entity, to form part of a Consortium that works in co-management for and on behalf of our clients.